Sunday 22 April 2012

Science can be rather inglorious

So tomorrow I will probably lose the last bits of this thing called a 'life'... Ok, so I didn't have much of one before (I'm not a very going-out-type-person) but yeah. Anyway.

Tomorrow I start doing two Honours modules on top of running my project...Kill. Me. Now. My project is already taking up so much of my time during the day. I'm up at the farm before 7, collect the seeds in my plots, (go ride, ok not part of Honours but it keeps the fragments of my sanity in tact), get home separate husks from seeds (so much of inglorious science here, at least I have audio books so its not completely boring), weigh them all out and put it into a spread sheet. Then I get to do all that again, minus the riding, at 5. Now, on top of that, I have to read papers to present to class every week, write a 5000 odd word essay (I can be a very slow writer omg, just hope I get one of the topics I want), do a mini group project and prepare a panel discussion (with "invited experts" yickes). And I have not got the breakdown of the second module. AHHHHELP.

And you know the worst thing, the one module we could've done in an earlier slot because there are only two of us doing it and both of us are doubling up now and feeling somewhat stressed. Oh well, at least the course may be a bit more lenient because it's just the two of us....I can hope right?

But Optimism Girl will survive...if somewhat less sane than before (if that is possible)

Things to look forward to:

1.) Kruger (KRUUUUUUGERRRR) in 2 weeks with the fambambly from Canada
2.) Top Gear Festival OMFG
3.) Going to work in the bush for 2 weeks, counting animals and possibly getting paid YAY
4.) Having lessons on my new horse who is slowly starting to come into himself DOUBLE YAY

um...yeah, so until the Kruger Edition, adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment